It’s incredibly important to take care of yourself and do relaxing wellness activities that will help brighten your day. I am always trying to prioritize self-care and connecting with myself in the best way possible. I have to remember to slow down, take deep breaths, and be in the moment as much as possible.
Especially being trapped in quarantine and working from home, it can be very easy for me to forget to take care of myself. I definitely have those days where I am constantly on my phone, binge watching reality tv, staying awake until the sun comes up, or sometimes all of the above.
So, I like to have a list of wellness ideas in my back pocket for when I need to get back on track. I have also noticed that going outside and being in nature is extra refreshing for me, since I get so stir crazy being stuck inside all the time. I’m always in a much better mood if I start the day with a little walk outside, so right when I wake up I walk around the neighborhood and pick up a cup of coffee. I love a schedule and routine so doing the same thing every morning helps me set up for my day.
When I’m taking my morning walk or doing an activity that is healthy and enjoyable, it calms my nerves and helps me connect to my more grounded energy. Practicing stability and stillness makes it easier to harness those qualities in moments where I am feeling a little more detached or stressed.
If I don’t take those extra couple minutes to slow down, then I tend to rush through the day and I’m often motivated from a stressful place. In the grand scheme of things, those extra moments will actually save you time because you can approach things in a mindful way.
Just find a small activity that will clear your head and leave a smile on your face. Give yourself that boost you need and take care of yourself. There are so many things that are out of your control so you might as well do your best with the things that you do have control over.
Keep reading for a list of great wellness activities that help me recharge my energy. Hopefully, you will get some inspiration from these ideas and even find ways to expand on them or modify it to fit your own needs.
15 Relaxing Wellness Activities:
- Taking a peaceful walk around your neighborhood.
- Exploring the park.
- Going to bed early & waking up early.
- Cut down on your screen time. Highly recommend the “Forest” app for your phone. It makes you set a timer for how long you don’t want to look at your phone. Then, you get points on the app and those points go towards planting real trees around the world. You can truly save the planet by taking a break from repetitively watching your own insta story.
- Organizing, cleaning, chores.
- Exercising. I have been going to outdoor spin classes and doing at home yoga workouts!
- Manifesting and goal setting.
- Staying hydrated.
- Listening to music.
- Having a spa moment and putting on a facial mask.
- Taking a long relaxing shower or bath.
Thank you for reading! Comment if you have any recommendations or any wellness activities that you prefer.